You will find most of the answers to your questions on our FAQ page, if however you have further questions in relation to the products and services that we offer then simply click here to contact us!
1 – How far ahead should I book my photography and videography?
- Most wedding clients would start booking their essential wedding services from as early as 18 months before their wedding. With an abundance of experience and goodwill we find ourselves booked up well in advance, so to avoid possible disappointment, contact us NOW!
2 – Do we get to meet our photographer before the wedding?
- YES YOU DO! You will be able to sit down with your photographer face to face and really get to know each other before the big day! Your photographer will assist you with finalising the timeline and photo locations for your wedding day as well as to ascertain the exact balance of candid and traditional posed photography you are wanting on the day. You are also recommended to show your photographer from a vary of resources, such as magazine clippings, internet postings, of your favourite photos.
- Your peace of mind and comfort on the day are important to us, we will be recommending to you your best suited photographer based on the size, cultural background, location of your wedding and of course, our own scheduling for the day. Our team of friendly professional photographers are here to assist you preserve your memorable wedding moments, we are big enough to be resourceful, and small enough to be personable and accommodating.
3 – Do we have to stick to the packages that you have?
- Not necessarily, we can always customize them to suit your needs.
4 – Would we have to go for both photography and videography?
- Not at all, you can go for either photography or videography. It is to be noted however that our photographers and videographers are used to complementing each other and generally produce better results than two separate companies recording the same event with different formats.
5 – How long is the typical coverage for a wedding day?
- We recommend commencing your coverage at the bridal and groom preparations, and continuing until the end of the bridal dance. Extended coverage until the get away us also available and makes for a most comprehensive record of the big day. The exact number of hours required depends on your ceremony time and plans for your day. Our specialist wedding consultants would be most happy to advise you on the coverage required.
6 – How many photos are taken and how many locations can we go to during the day?
- As many as your schedule allows! We shoot an unlimited amount of photos, usually estimating about 100 per hour.
7 – Do you offer special deals for combined photography and videography packages?
- We most definitely do, if you go for both photography and videography then we would be most happy to offer you a special deal.
8 – Can we mix and match different coverage for photography and videography?
- Absolutely YES, we would be most happy to customize packages to suits your needs and budget.
9 – Do we get to keep the high resolution files and raw video footage from our wedding?
- ALL of our packages include ALL the high resolution files from your wedding, as well as raw video footage with videography.
10 – How long is the highlight reel with our video?
- The length of the highlight reel largely depends on the amount of footage taken on the day, depending on the particular package, it ranges from 5-20 minutes, complete with special effects and background music.
11 – We have a large wedding, can we get a second photographer/videographer?
- Our packages cater for exactly that! No matter how many hours you have booked your wedding package for you are more than welcome to book an additional second wedding photographer and/or videographer for an additional cost within reason.
12 – Do we get to pick the photos for our album?
- Absolutely! You will be able to hand pick the photos that are important to you and our expert designers and layout specialists will work in accordance to your preference. Each wedding is different and so should the album, we only design from scratch to make the most of your wonderful photos, no templates are allowed within a hundred metres of our design studios!
13 – How long before we can get our finished album?
- Once you have chosen what photos to put into the album, we will have our expert designers and layout specialists come up with a design and layout of your album within a maximum of 25 working days. Upon confirmation of the layout and design it will take another 25 working days for the album to be physically produced.
14 – Are touch ups, photoshop and editing included in your packages?
- Touch ups and enhancements are included within our photography packages. Album and enlargement photos will be subject to an extensive range of work to have you looking at your very best.
15 – Can I get my photos printed on canvas, acrylic, in parents’ albums?
- Yes! We offer a variety of options to have enlargements of your beautiful photos. In our studio you will see an example of each on display. This is a great gift to parents and a gorgeous art piece for your home.
16 – Are you accredited with the relevant organisations?
- We are fully fledged members of the Australia Institute of Professional Photography, Weddings & Portrait Photographers International, the Australian Bridal Service and the Australian Bridal Industry Academy.
17 – How can I make an appointment to visit you?
- Simply give us a call or email us through our contact page! The initial appointment is obligation free and our specialist wedding consultants will be on hand to walk you through your day and give expert advice on photography, videography and other arrangements! Allow for approximately 1-1.5 hours for this appointment
1 – What genres do you offer with your portrait photography?
- We have a world of experience with boudoir, family, maternal, baby and couples photography. If you are wanting to celebrate an anniversary, the christening of your child, or to have your gorgeous self preserved on film, you cannot go past Dreamlife Photos & Video.
2 – How much does a portrait session cost?
- Our portrait sessions are reasonably priced, starting from $150 with hair and makeup included. You are not obligated to make any purchases unless you are completely satisfied with our photography!
3 – How far ahead should I book my portrait photography session?
- With portraiture we recommend that a session be secured no less than two weeks prior for weekdays and up to two months prior for weekends.
4 – Do we have to stick to the packages that you have?
- Not at all, in addition to our value-added packages, you will have the option of paying a very reasonable sitting fee and purchasing individual prints at your viewing session! Now this is a once in a lifetime risk-free opportunity to really sparkle up that lounge with our great products, our portraiture also makes great gifts for your loved ones.
5 – What is included with your portrait sitting session?
- To ensure that you are looking at your absolute best, we will be providing extensive hair and makeup services at no extra cost! Styling advice from some of Australia’s most renowned celebrity stylists are also available upon request!
6 – Will the photos be photoshopped?
- Our talented teams of designers will undertake to enhance your photos into works of art, no extra charges are applicable to remove blemishes and general enhancement.
7 – I am expecting a baby soon, when would be best time to come in for photography?
- We cater for maternal and baby photography of all ages and sizes, although babies in their first weeks into brand new world are a special sight to behold. We also have available in our studio props and other accessories to make your portrait session completely stress free!
8 – I am craving for boudoir photography but I am quite shy by nature, can you fix that?
- Our dedicated and experienced team of professional photographers will put you at ease and the portrait session will be a complete joy!
9 – What kind of end products can we expect to get?
- Fine art finished canvas, acrylic prints, regular enlargements, matted prints and photo slideshows are but a few of our personal favourites. Great photography are a celebration of love and make for the most caring and appreciated gifts!
10 – Fantastic! How do we book?
- Simply give us a call or email us through our contact page! The initial appointment is obligation free and our consultants will be on hand to walk you through your photo preferences and how to prepare for the photoshoot.